Friday, July 31, 2009

Comparing Wash Techniques

There are many things about the wash procedure that I plan to compare and document. Is one soap a better deal than another. How much soap should I use. Should I use one or more of the commercial laundry additives available from my dye supplier, and if so which ones. Should I ever use bleach. How many washes should I give them. Should I wring them out before hand. Should I pull all the rubber bands before the first wash or after a few. Should I use cold water or warm water. Should I let the machine run it's course or should I set it back to the beginning as often as possible. Will colors bleed and stick in the wash cycle. Does the dye set upon drying, as my expert friend suggests, so that you need to wash them a few times, dry them, and then wash them one more time so they don't bleed.

No comments:

Post a Comment