Friday, July 31, 2009

Comparative Analysis

I promised to report on the comparisons between products and techniques and so on that I am undertaking with the help of the grant provided by the entrepreneurial program at CMC. One of the comparisons I hope to present soon are pictures of the two shops. The shop in Leadville was a tiny cramped basement that was also a storage room, a laundry room, and it held the furnace and water heater too. I was forced to do all the different steps on the same table which caused dye to get where I didn't want it. The new shop is a much larger room that is dedicated soley to the production of tiedyes, set up in a "pizza shop" approach, where each step in the procedure is done in a seperate station set up for the task. The shirts move from one spot to the next in a linear fashion. I have taken numerous pictures of the new setup on my new phone. All I have to do now is figure out how to get them from my phone into my computer, and from there out into the internets.

No comments:

Post a Comment